1st Excellence Award: 150,000 L.E.
2nd Excellence Award: 100,000 L.E.
3rd Excellence Award: 75,000 L.E.
4th Excellence Award: 50,000 L.E.
1- Excellence Award:
The excellence award is a PDF initiative aiming at developing and supporting the civil society sector with an emphasis on providing the right measures to upgrade their professional and administrative capabilities as well as motivating innovation, and NGOs promotion of core competencies before the private sector entities thus supporting the substantial projects in the areas of development to contribute in social problems solving.
• The excellence award is an annual award
• Annually, the award theme will be announced taking into account the diversity of topics with a view on the continuing support for the efforts of excellence in various development areas
• The award themes will annually focus on the projects targeting social problems and contributing to the development process
• Awards will be handed over to NGOs winning representatives in an annual celebration where NGOs representatives, development experts and public figures interested in development topics are all invited
2- Award objectives:
• Main objective:
Improving the civil society institutions capacity and motivating the NGOs to highlight the best practices in the areas of development, thus contributing to the private sector fundraisers’ better insights
• Sub objectives:
- Supporting exceptional NGOs aimed at human development and community development
- Promoting experiences exchange and motivating innovation for social problems solving
- Highlighting the NGOs’ capacity in successful project management
3- Award Categories:
The Excellence award is comprised of monetary prizes along with certificates of excellence shared among three winning NGOs
- 1st excellence award; 75,000 L.E.
- 2nd excellence award; 50,000 L.E.
- 3rd excellence award; 25,000 L.E.
- Winning NGOs should pass a minimum of 80% in the evaluation process
- Excellence award for this year will be handed over in a ceremonial celebration on March 2016 and will be on the same date each year
4- Targeted NGOs:
- The award will be offered to all Egyptian NGOs that comply with the following selection criteria:
- Ministry of Solidarity registered organization
- An issued financial audit report in the last 2 years
- Full time staff (minimum of 5 employees)
- Previous experience with projects
- Operational IT hardware within the organization premises
- Meeting all documentations and required paperwork as per award guidelines
5- Evaluation process:
All applicants have to pass a three-phase process, each phase with a different evaluation committee
- Internal committee – phase 1
- Evaluation committee – phase 2
- Final committee – final phase
- The award’s details, guidelines, terms and conditions will be announced via appropriate media channels
- Award committees will be formed of specialized committee referees
- Committee referees are experienced calibers within the context of evaluation
- The assessment will take place in accordance with the standards set by the Committee and evaluations will be awarded to every NGO applying for the award
- Evaluation will be dealt with utmost confidentiality
- The award will be banned if the conditions are not met or if the committees perceive the contestants as incompetent
6- Award required documents:
Each NGO applying for the award should provide the following documents:
- Completed registration form
- A copy of the NGO’s by-laws
- Stamped registration certificate
- Financial audit report for the past 2 years
- Delegation letter for the NGO liaison personnel; signed and stamped with the entity’s seal
- NGO organizational chart
- NGO hierarchy structure
- Award application file
7- Expected outcomes:
- Creating a capable civil society within the state’s development projects context
- Reforming the civil society mindset (represented by the NGO sector)
- Expanding the NGOs’ role, encouragement of initiatives and development projects
- Supporting sustainable development endeavors